So we are now less than three weeks away from introducing Mister Close to the world <<insert thunderous applause>> Apart from the weird sensation of going back to work (I don't think Pete and I have ever had this much time off - well except when I went travelling, oh to be young again) we just can't wait. So now we are pulling together our team (Calling all front of house peeps - lovers of customers and all around fabulous human beings - we need you). It is now getting into surreal world because of all the delays, we have naturally lost our momentum and we realise now we have a thousand things to do. As we sit here on May 2, all the tiling is done and the flooring is don. We move into the next stage over the next few days of fitting this bad boy out with all the equipment that Pete needs to make his magic happen.
Every time Pete and I travel into the city and look at what used to be the old Foy's Department store, it
excites us to know end. So with less than three weeks it is time to get everything in order. Pete has the knowledge of what is ahead of us while I am allowing ignorance to excite me of finally opening my dream. I love Pete's food and I love working with people and customer service, so what is there to be afraid of? I will let you know in about 6 weeks. It is just nice to know that this roller coaster ride of emotions is coming to a close - we know we get to step on a new roller coaster, but at least we will be driving it this time.
So the best news is:
- We have Campos coffee on board. They are a kick arse specialty coffee roaster and every time I drink that coffee it makes me smile.
- Mr Starbucks across the arcade has decided to move out. So we will be getting new neighbours and we just hope they are really nice and don't burn off every Saturday afternoon while we have the washing on the line.
- We have already secured a fantastic Barista (in fact 2 I think), an awesome FOH leader and the kitchen staff are all in place.
- Aprons are ordered - so important.
- The first two weeks of menus are done (just have to figure out how to use our POS)
- We have had incredible architects in Russell and George who have been so professional, creative and patient dealing with all the delays.
- Creative Order and David Marinelli have rocked our world with their assistance in developing Mister Close, his brand and image to the world.
So Peter and I (and our families) are a bit white knuckled - but we know this is going to be amazing and that Mister Close will be everyone's new best mate - well, that is what we are aiming for anyway because what's there not to love?
Tick Tock Tick Tock