We have taken many risks with Mister Close. The biggest one is having the faith that this level of cafe is needed in this part of town. Russell & George have done a spectacular job in designing our space, but it really looks quite alone in its location because everything around us has neon lights and another 200 or 3000 stores that are just like it around the world. Mister Close is one of a kind.
This week - May 19 is when we have hand over of Mister Close. Almost 8 weeks ago it was an empty shell and almost 18 months ago Pete and I started talking about the possibility of doing this. There have been many set backs and there has been a bit of stress, but we are almost there. Good things happen to good people - and without blowing my own trumpet I know we are good people. We are opening Mister Close for the right reasons and it is feels pretty good. We genuinely believe there is a lack of quality food , spectacular service and good coffee along Swanston street and certainly within a 100 metre radius of where we will be. Personally I am pretty proud of what we have achieved so far,. Pete's menu is fantastic, we have hired some incredible people to join the team, the music is downloaded and I have developed some great routines. Here is a sample of our sandwiches just to get you drooling.
- Stuffed roast chicken with rocket & home made mayo
- Grilled pumpkin, salsa agresto, buffalo mozerella & oven dried tomato
- Shaved ham & dill potato salad
- Haloumi, roasted capsicum, eggplant, rocket & dukkah
- Tuna with capers and home made mayo
- Salami, piccobello cheese, roast capsicum, dill cucumber & olives
- Roasted honey carrots & garlic with bacon, avocado & cos lettuce
- Poached chicken, brie, spinach & avocado
We still plan to open May 21 to fam and friends (in fact everyone is welcome) to help us work out our systems and then May 23 - Mister Close finally gets to say HELLO WORLD!